Tips to Host a Perfect Cocktail Party
Since the early 20th century, the cocktail party has been a highly regarded social event. Cocktail parties are often a brilliant way to get together with family and friends without squeezing into a gloomy, over populated restaurant or bar to enjoy delicious drinks and appetizers. In terms of larger events, cocktail parties can be hosted for both personal and business occasions. In order to ensure that you and your guests have a fantastic time at your cocktail party, here are some tested recommendations, including using doctor formulated BYB cocktail mixers.
Planning the Cocktail Party
A great time for a cocktail party is in the evening, and a typical cocktail party lasts about 2 to 4 hours, during which time guests can munch on finger foods (healthy options with real food), and sip cocktails while mingling with their party companions. Not only is it a simple event to organize, but even to this day, people still love the comradery of small or even large-scale get togethers and events.
You can throw a cocktail party as simple or as elaborate as you like. To get started on your party preparations, be clear of the following:
- Size of the party (i.e. number of guests to be invited)
- Mood of the party (either business or personal party)
- Planning ahead as to not be rushed (which can make this less enjoyable as a host)
- Budget of your party
- Planning your cocktail menu (i.e. either complete bar or defined cocktails)
- Venue of your meeting (either outdoor or indoor) Venue location
- Optional plan in case of weather issues
- Food items to be served
You can handle things yourself, if the event is for a small number of invitees; however, when that count increases the difficulty and pressure of organizing everything efficiently can increase, in which case you might need to get more hands involved in the planning.
Additionally, if you'd like to socialize and have a good time, you'll probably need some assistance. Reach out to see if family, friends, or coworkers are willing to help out with the catering or serving drinks at the cocktail party or event. If that isn't an option, you can always outsource the work. BYB cocktail mixers support responsible events where the goal is to ensure people have great tasting drinks but also feel great the following day!
Arrangement of Drinks for your Cocktail Part
A cocktail party wouldn't be complete without beverages. Hence it is mandatory to have beer, wine, tequila, whiskey at reasonable quantities to excite your guests.
Cocktails can be made in a variety of ways, depending on how much time and energy you would like to put into making them. Balance Your Buzz cocktail mixers, the ultimate cocktail & mocktail mixers, and are the best choice to prepare delicious cocktails with ease. Non-drinkers can enjoy BYB flavored mocktails or non-alcoholic beverages as well.
Fully stocked bar: This offer gives guests complete freedom to personalize their beverage selection. A well-stocked bar or willingness to buy the vital spirits is required for this to work.
Drink Menu: To get people out of their personal bubble, the drink menu provides a list of drinks to choose from. As fewer ingredients are usually required, you could save money as well.
For larger parties, a printed list of available beverages and ingredients is very helpful. Guests can review this at their leisure and it will also save you from having to repeat the options to your guests.
Very importantly, ice must be kept in abundant quantities as no one wishes to have warm drinks.
Tips to Host a Perfect Cocktail Party
- Send invitations to your guests at least two weeks prior to your event or cocktail party
- Based on the number of guests you expect to attend your cocktail party, you can estimate how much food, alcohol and other supplies you need to buy. You need to make sure you have enough drinks to last the night, as the last thing you want is to run out of drinks in the middle of your party.
- Check to make sure that you have all of the bar equipment and ice you'll want for your cocktail and mocktail menu.
- Arrange all of the flavorings, but don't do it too far ahead of time, since you want to keep them as fresh as possible. You don’t have to worry about this with BYB mixers, as they are sealed and are fresh for a long period of time. This provides an easy solution to most of your flavoring prep needs.
- Make sure you have cocktail napkins, small plates, and glasses readily available depending on the venue.
- Make a playlist of music that is appropriate for the occasion.
- Serve a wide variety of food in a visible area, making sure that the various dietary requirements of your guests are met i.e. vegan, vegetarian, or gluten-free.
- Make sure there are trash cans and garbage bags nearby to dispose of trash. Despite its importance, this is often underestimated.
- Enhance your presentation with a 'cheering factor', depending on the occasion. This could be a beverage, garnish, or food item. BYB cocktail mixers are a WOW factor as they enhance the flavor of any beverage and also because they empower you to be refreshed and active the next day.
- Party favors are always appreciated and guests often keep them as a memento of the good times they had. Cocktail shakers, bottle opener keychains and glasses are all great party favors but giving away some BYB mixers to take home will be sure to impress!
- It is the responsibility of every good host to ensure that their guests are not over-drinking at their event. Be on the lookout for guests who may be pushing the limits.
- Your guests will appreciate it if you make it clear that they must either have a designated driver, use public transport or call an Uber, Lyft, alternative car service to ensure everyone has a safe night and a great morning.
To Wrap Up
The key aspects of a cocktail party are the quality of the beverages and the welcoming atmosphere. People remember the little things, so pay attention to them. Have a delicious drink ready for your guests and encourage them to try new things. Finally, ensure everyone reaches home safely after a night of drinking. Order your BYB cocktail mixers for your future events & parties!